Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Why Canon 60D?

Sometimes people ask, why Canon? Why 60D?

To be honest I never did very deep investigation on which camera to buy. Shortly before I bought mine I visited my friend in Geneva and he gave me his Canon 550D to play a bit. And I like it. I liked how it is in the hands, I liked menu and navigation. Sure, this time I either was not checking or consider how camera support colors, which range of lenses and quality of lenses. On the market those days canon 60D had very good reviews and at the shop I bought it, was good discount. I went there and grab my new camera. Just simple like this.



Why Canon and not Nikon? 

I guess people are divided on Canon and Nikon users just by how comfortable they are with one or another camera. Might be it is something in blood. My sister is Nikon person. Each time I tried her camera I was feeling very lost. I actually can say same about latest model of Canon, which I tried in different fairs. I’m taking camera in my hands, turn it around and asking question: “How the hell to switch it on?” or “Where the hell is this button to look on pictures I did?”. It might be just matter of getting use, but I’m happy with my camera.

What I like in Canon 60D?

For me it very easy to use. I easy can access all buttons I need. Most of them are located on right side of the camera and it is my most developed hand. Basically I keep camera and easy jump with my fingers around. Buttons on left side of camera is a bit less comfortable for me. 
I like screen and how I can adapt it. Either in most cases I'm using viewfinder. 
It is intermediate heavy. Body itself is not very heavy. Might be, if I would already face need of external accumulator, then I would speak differently. 
I definitively like, that it has build-in flash compare to some later models. I’m not fun of using build-in flash, but there are is situations, then it is very handy. As example, if you set it on manual output and drop intensity to minimum, then it can be used as trigger for slave flash. As I didn't have for a while wireless trigger, it was only way I was able to use slave flash and use it out of camera. Another example very sunny day and taking photo against sun. It happens, when you need just a bit fill in shadows. In this case build-in flash can be handy as well.

What I miss in Canon 60D?

I would love to have in-camera double or multiple exposure options. Just to get a bit more creative. But might be it is as well it is only feels cool now, because it is not so accessible. Do you remember those photos with selective colors? I remember when it start to produce cameras with this option, it was considered very cool. Right now most of professionals will says, that it is not creative at all. 

Might be in the future I will missing something in Canon 60D, but for now it full fill my need and I'm happy.  For all my unsuccessful photos I would rather blame someone having hands growing in wrong place, rather then camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment